The Teacher position will be responsible for teaching students a variety of fundamental subjects as well as integrating a research-based Social Emotional Learning curriculum throughout the day. These subjects will include social studies, science, language arts (phonics, reading, writing, listening, and speaking), and math.
Teacher Responsibilities and Duties
We are currently searching for Teachers (KK, 1 st and 2 nd grade) for the 2020 – 2021 school year.Teachers will serve as the classroom Instructor and will work alongside an Instructional Assistant; together, they will:
- Provide children with a fully-integrated learning day.
- Teach student skills of self-regulation and communication.
- Teach students through active engagement.
- Engage students in lines of inquiry to enhance their learning.
- Evaluate child’s achievement of the overall grade-level expectations based on the TDOE standards.
- Communicate with parents and students regularly.
- Model emotional regulation for students.
- Teach appropriate behaviors in the school setting.
- Model understanding and response for behavior.
- Create and model clear rules in the classroom and for the outside world.
- Model consistent expectations for the classroom.
- Use positive discipline tactics that are developmentally appropriate aligned to Perea’s Student Support Model
- Help students develop positive relationships with each other and other people in their lives.
- Teach emotional intelligence in a way that is practical and relevant.
- Teach and model behavior of strong readers and listeners to encourage development.
- Teach students how to use words to express increasingly sophisticated feelings.
- Teach students the foundations of literacy and numeracy.
- Help families identify potential strengths and areas of growth to meet the individual needs of each student.
- Helps families’ access resources and supports for wrap around services.
- Participate in professional learning; share professional resources.
- Praise students in order to acknowledge their development and achievements using appropriate words and body language.
- Conduct all work activities in a timely and professional manner reflecting best educational practices.
- Support and reinforce Perea’s Core Values: community, empathy, innovation, safety and excellence with our students, parents, community members and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic achievement and a valid Tennessee Teacher License
- Affinity for the compelling mission of Perea Elementary School
- Personal and professional integrity
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org