Perea Elementary School is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with our students. The best candidates should have childcare experience, be flexible, educational experience and enjoy working with children. Official experience and/or a state teaching license/certification is good, but we welcome those with informal experience too. For example, if you have worked as a tutor, child care provider or babysitter, you could be a great asset to our school. We have lots of opportunities for the right candidates. You’ll be notified via phone or text message (your preference) when an assignment opens. Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check at our expense. Must have two satisfactory references from previous employers.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities and Duties
Perea Elementary School teachers are committed to:
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optima learning, and that encourages students to participate.
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- A Substitute Teacher is on call from time-to-time during the school year on a day-to-day and as-needed basis.
- The Substitute Teacher will report to the Director of Finance and Operations. The Principal will have the final discretion to determine the need for Teacher’s services and the length of each assignment of a Substitute Teacher.
- The Substitute Teacher’s rate of pay is $ 95.00 for each full work day. The substitute rate of pay is pro-rated to reflect work for less than a full teaching day.
- Your agreement with Perea Elementary can terminate at any time with or without cause.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com