About Perea Elementary School
Opened in Fall 2018, our charter school brings a unique, nationally acclaimed elementary school model to Memphis. In partnership with the Momentous Institute (Dallas, TX) and Perea Preschool (Memphis, TN),
Perea Elementary School applies thoroughly researched best practice to prepare our students academically, socially, and emotionally for success today and tomorrow.
Perea Elementary School is seeking a highly qualified Building Engineer for this 12-month position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily for the three schools in the Klondike building, Perea ES, Perea PS and Believe Academy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit daily custodial inspection
- Check email daily for maintenance tickets and communications
- Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work.
- Maintaining all aspects of the facility, including, but not limited to, painting, plumbing (leaking pipes and stopped up toilets), electrical, HVAC (ensure system is functioning properly), Broken Furniture (remove, repair if can be repaired), Damage or stained ceiling tile (replace if needed), Safety (trip hazards, broken furniture, electrical problems)
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Maintains inventory of adequate supplies and tools and orders necessary materials to complete all tasks
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports.
- Coordinates and manages moves, adds and change activities.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Opening the facility daily at 6:00 am (5:30 am in case of inclement weather)
- Identify all building structure problems (Holes in the walls, leaking roof and holes in the floor)
- Replace all blown light bulbs (Identify bad ballast if necessary)
Coursework to have included courses in facility management, and business management. Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of building management including one year of supervisory experience.