About Perea Elementary
Opened in Fall 2018, our new charter school will bring a unique, nationally-acclaimed elementary school model to Memphis. In partnership with the Momentous Institute (Dallas, TX) and Perea Preschool (Memphis, TN), Perea Elementary School will apply thoroughly researched best practiceto prepare our students academically, socially, and emotionally for success today and tomorrow. for more information, please see www.pereaelementary.org.
Currently, we are hiring for the positions listed below. Please keep reading for job descriptions and instructions to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Perea Elementary School!
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to
Position Summary: We are currently searching for a Teacher Assistant for the 2019-2020 school year. The teacher Assistant will provide vital support for and will work alongside the lead teacher, together, they will:
- Rigorously develop our students’ academic skills
- Support the school’s unique approach to developing students’ social-emotional skills
- Foster a learning environment that has structure and smiles
- Provide high-quality learning experiences all day, every day
- Make sure that students understand how deeply their teachers care for them
- Listen well to the compliments and concerns of students, parents, and community members
- Keep parents regularly informed about their children’s academic and social-emotional progress
- Create a strong, student-centered relationship between home and school
- Encourage in-depth parent participation in the life of the school
- Utilize available resources to help families support each other
We are seeking talented, committed, and results-driven individuals who:
- Affinity for the compelling mission of Perea Elementary School
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Utmost personal and professional integrity
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to