About Perea Elementary
Opened in Fall 2018, our new charter school will bring a unique, nationally-acclaimed elementary school model to Memphis. In partnership with the Momentous Institute (Dallas, TX) and Perea Preschool (Memphis, TN), Perea Elementary School will apply thoroughly researched best practice to prepare our students academically, socially, and emotionally for success today and tomorrow.
Currently, we are hiring for the positions listed below. Please keep reading for job descriptions and instructions to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Perea Elementary School!
Position Summary: We are currently searching for a Teacher Assistant for the 2019-2020 school year. The teacher Assistant will provide vital support for and will work alongside the lead teacher, together, they will:
- Rigorously develop our students’ academic skills
- Support the school’s unique approach to developing students’ social-emotional skills
- Foster a learning environment that has structure and smiles
- Provide high-quality learning experiences all day, every day
- Make sure that students understand how deeply their teachers care for them
- Listen well to the compliments and concerns of students, parents, and community members
- Keep parents regularly informed about their children’s academic and social-emotional progress
- Create a strong, student-centered relationship between home and school
- Encourage in-depth parent participation in the life of the school
- Utilize available resources to help families support each other
We are seeking talented, committed, and results-driven individuals who:
- Affinity for the compelling mission of Perea Elementary School
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Utmost personal and professional integrity
How to Apply
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities and Duties
Perea Elementary School teachers are committed to:
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optima learning, and that encourages students to participate.
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- A Substitute Teacher is on call from time-to-time during the school year on a day-to-day and as-needed basis.
- The Substitute Teacher will report to the Director of Finance and Operations. The Principal will have the final discretion to determine the need for Teacher’s services and the length of each assignment of a Substitute Teacher.
- The Substitute Teacher’s rate of pay is $ 95.00 for each full work day. The substitute rate of pay is pro-rated to reflect work for less than a full teaching day.
- Your agreement with Perea Elementary can terminate at any time with or without cause.
How to Apply